Arrive Early To The Festival – Wed 9th to Fri 10th Aug 2018
We are Full Tilt into the organisation for Love Summer Festival 2018 and in the Office we all feel it’s doing our Customers and good old South Devon a bit of a disservice not allowing you enough time to go off-site and explore this amazing part of the country whilst you are here.
With this in mind, we have decided to open our camp site a couple of days early, allowing you the chance to arrive before the event and really check out what’s on offer here in August. We wont be running any entertainment, but will be providing a fully serviced campsite with flush toilets, showers etc. Normal family campsite rules apply and the charges are below.
U18’s £7.50/ Night
Obviously, you can expect a Love Summer Vibe to it 😉, you know how we do things by now! Maybe a “chill out lounge” in the evening with some nice food and a decent breakfast\coffee… don’t forget the coffee!!
One of the great things about our site is you are 10 minutes walk from Tesco and the Bus Stop for The City, but you’re still camped in the Countryside!
Places will be limited so if you are interested we suggest you get booked up as soon as you can.
Love Camping Terms & Conditions
- A Weekend Festival Ticket is required for each person & child that is camped. Note : Your camping tickets may be sent separately from your Festival Tickets, all tickets will be posted out at the beginning of June. Arrivals are from 10:00am
- No cars are permitted on site. FULL STOP! Our car park is 100m level walk from the car park. If you are dropping a caravan or trailer you will be allowed 45 minutes to unhitch and site. Failure to comply may result in you being asked to leave site. The car park has easy access on and off the site.
- To bring a camper or caravan on site you must have a valid weekend festival caravan\camper pass, there is no additional charge for this for the extra days.
- Noise – This is the biggy! 😉, at the weekend we are a Festival. Wed & Thurs we are a Family Campsite. If you have a sound system in your camper we are happy for you to listen in your own camp at a reasonable level, however we ask that all music is ceased after dark. We ask you to respect our security staff should they need to remind anyone of this point! Anyone with a particularly poor memory on this may be asked to leave site until the weekend.
- Fires are not permitted on site under our insurance policy. You are however allowed to use barbecues, this is a campsite after all. NEVER EVER… NOT EVER! TAKE A HOT BBQ INTO A TENT AT NIGHT TO KEEP WARM. IT WILL GIVE OFF CARBON MONOXIDE! ITS A KILLER!!!
- The campsite and main festival site will be completely separated using a secure fence. Can we please remind you all, especially those with children that until open on Friday this area is Out Of Bounds and is potentially dangerous
- here is no admittance to anyone under the age of 18 without accompaniment by a parent or guardian, or at the very least a responsible adult. Proof of age may be required to obtain entry.
- There will be no Bar on site, campers will need to bring their own. The sale of alcohol on the site by anybody is strictly prohibited under the terms of the license. We would like the children to be able to run around barefoot, please remember this when purchasing your alcohol and bring cans or plastic bottles wherever possible. Please remember this is not a Festival site until the weekend.
- Dogs are permitted on site, however they must be on a lead or tied up in your camp at all times unless away from the campsite for exercise. No exceptions will be made to this (including for my dog). We will not tolerate dogs running around the site!
- No private generators are allowed on Site.
- We have flushing toilets on site, however if you want your own private portableloo for your group ready for when you arrive, they can be booked at the campsite box office.
- We accept no responsibility for this event not going ahead due to circumstances beyond our control i.e. Acts of God, Foot & Mouth, Outbreak of War, Hurricane etc!
To give you an idea of what goes on around our site in summer
• You are 20 minutes from the Tamar Bridge & Cornwall
Find out More Here – https://www.visitcornwall.com/
• You are 30 minutes from some of the finest beaches in the Southwest
There’s a great Beach Guide Here – https://www.visitsouthdevon.co.uk/beaches/beaches-map
• You are 30 minutes from the Beautiful Dartmoor National Park
Find out More Here – http://www.visitdartmoor.co.uk/
• You are 45 minutes from the surf (weather permitting)
Get a South Coast Surf Report for Devon & Cornwall Here https://magicseaweed.com/Cornwall-Devon-South-Surfing/5/
• You are a short bus ride from the historic City of Plymouth – Visit the The Mayflower Steps – Plymouth in the footsteps of the Pilgrim Fathers.
Find out more about Plymouth – “The Ocean City” Here – https://www.visitplymouth.co.uk/
• Visit the National Marine Aquarium in Plymouth
Full Details on this amazing place here – http://www.national-aquarium.co.uk/
• Have a swim in Beautiful Tinside Lido Plymouth’s amazing Outdoor Lido
Check it out on their website here – https://www.visitplymouth.co.uk/things-to-do/tinside-lido-p1096383
• Visit Buckfast Abbey (20 minutes way) and grab some of the Monks Legendary Buckfast Tonic Wine
Check out the Visitor info here – https://www.buckfast.org.uk/visitors
• Pay a visit to the bright lights of Torbay (45 minutes) and check out Kents Cavern, Paignton Zoo Environmental Park or the Fish Market in Brixham (Thursdays are Brixham Pirate Festival 2018 “Pirate Days” in Brixham, feel free to dress up!). This week is also Paignton Regatta which has a week of events right next to the beach.
A Great Day out – https://www.paigntonzoo.org.uk/
Deep under Torquay – Step into the Stone Age – http://www.kents-cavern.co.uk/
You can make as many Pirate Jokes as you like. Details Here – https://www.englishriviera.co.uk/whats-on/pirate-thursdays-in-brixham-2018-p1458203
All the Fun of The Fair – https://www.englishriviera.co.uk/whats-on/paignton-regatta-2018-p752343
• Wed & Thurs will see the Plymouth National Fireworks Competition just down the road in Plymouth – A free event and the biggest firework display ever!!
Full Details Here – https://www.visitplymouth.co.uk/whats-on/british-firework-championships-p1166573
• Visit Smeatons Tower Lighthouse and see where Sir Francis Drake played bowls on Plymouth Hoe
Visitor Details are Here – https://plymhearts.org/smeatons-tower/
• Try some of the amazing local sports and activities right on the doorstep from Clay Pigeon Shooting, Coasteering, Sailing, Horse Riding & Fishing, Canoeing or 4 Wheel Driving. We can organise them all for you and if it’s not on our list, we will find it.
There’s much to do when you Visit South Devon and we think you should see it all
Over the nest few months we will be posting up details of loads more things you can do whilst in South Devon. Some with special discounts just for Love Summer Customers.
See you in the fields, or on the beach, or in the sea, or on the moor……