Join The Grinagog Crew
Shout out for Volunteers at Grinagog Festival – Download the form here :-
Our first event of the year will be Grinagog Festival in Torquay. 7-9th April
This is the first year for Grinagog and without the help that is needed from volunteers the event probably wouldn’t be going ahead, the Production Team have been completely overwhelmed with the skills and goodwill that has been made available to us for the weekend. If you don’t know too much about the festival at present there is quite a bit of information here www.grinagogfestival.com . We have all the acts\venues booked & Torbay Council are taking a proactive and positive role in facilitating all the permissions required to ensure this is a truly ground breaking and great fun event for all concerned.
The majority of steward & volunteer involvement will take place in and around the Riviera International Conference Centre (RICC), Torre Abbey, Spanish Barn and the surrounding grounds, there’s marquees going up and everything! The Festival will be operating at other sites including One World, Pier Point and some of the night time business’ on the Harbourside, however steward involvement in these elements will be limited.
A Few Points To Consider Before Confirming your Place With Us
- You will need to complete 1 x 5 hr Shift in exchange for a weekend wristband
- This is an urban\indoor festival with co camping available, the festival is not providing accommodation or expenses for volunteers in this regard. Volunteers will need to make their own arrangements
- You will receive a Crew T Shirt for your shift.
- We ask for a reference, this is just to confirm your details and there will be no further contact with them after that, we send a short email advising that you have applied to do voluntary work with us and asking them to confirm that you are their employee that is all. If you do not have a current employer or do not wish to use them, we can suggest alternatives just let us know.
Can you please fill in the following details on the attached form and we can get you registered on our system as volunteering for this event.
- Details in regard to Name, Address, Phone, Email. We need full name and address & contact details
- A Reference for us to contact just to verify you.
- Insert a recent photo into the form
YOU DO NOT NEED TO FILL IN ANYTHING ELSE ON THE FORM – If you would like to tell us more about your experience, requirements or skills you think will be of benefit to us please do this in your covering email. These roles are open to all, if you need any help or have specific requirements that will facilitate participation with us, please let us know we will endeavor to provide a role that suits you – Return email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have updated the form just save it and email it back. If you are not very techy just attach a selfie to your email, give us the missing info and we will sort the form. Alternatively you can print it and our postal address is at the bottom of this email to send it back.
When you reply if you could let us know any Acts or Shows that you would really like to see during the event and we will do our best to shift you at an alternative time. The acts are listed here www.grinagogfestival.com
What Happens After the Form Gets Returned?
- We verify your reference
- We contact you by telephone to confirm the shift and role we would like you to undertake and do a very quick 2 minute phone interview.
- We send you links to a few very short on-line training modules dependant on your role so you are fully briefed on what is required.
- We email you an information pack explaining your role, who your team coordinator is, where you report for your shift etc.
- You turn up and we all have great fun! If you wish to become more involved for example to gain event experience, further shifts will be available to you.
Thanks so much for volunteering and this event will get the festival season off to a flying start, if you are applying to come and work at Love Summer Festival too, the application process will cover this event also so only needs to be done once. We also expect other events to be added on our list shortly and we will contact you regarding each event separately as the year progresses.
FINALLY – Get out and spread the word, friends, family, social media we need to get Grinagog out there, it’s their first year and we need to get them off to a great start by making it a sell-out gig.
Love & Light
See You on The Beach
Love Summer Crew\Festival
17A Old Mill Road
Web: www.lovesummercrew.com www.lovesummerfestival.com